Monday, September 26, 2011

Q & A with Gian Cristobal

DeuxCats: Is this your first time to act on film?

Gian Cristobal: Yes. My very first, ever. I’ve never done any sort of acting before. Back in school, I would say I was happy working behind the stage or part of the design team. The farthest I’ve gone or probably the closest to acting is- I was a narrator but that was back in elementary days. I think I’m introvert I easily get embarrassed and audience scares me to death.


DC: What was your reaction when you first saw the story that Rodel had created?

GC: I was taken aback.. I was like “ Are you sure you’re giving me this role?”. Not in my wildest dreams I’ll act on film plus the role is super meaty . It’s a suspense/ horror- it’s ironic because I don’t really watch these movies. I’m too scared.- when Rodel asked me a favor if I can do this short film- I was very hesitant! I can’t say no to him, he is a good friend. As the project progresses, I have come to love my role and I’m grateful to have this opportunity.


DC: What was it like to work with director Kiko?

GC: At first I was a bit shy because I know I can’t act but he gets me into it. He’s very passionate. When I saw him working, I know I didn’t have a choice but to do well. I like working with him. I know he has more to offer and there is more for us to see.


DC: It looks like it was a very physically and emotionally demanding role – what were the hardest aspects for you?

GC: Getting into the character. I don’t have any idea how to do it. Thankfully, I have the entire team to help me out.


DC: A lot of indie actors have crossed over to mainstream, is that something that appeals to you?

GC: Right now I’d say no. I’m okay with being able to try it once or twice. I don’t think I can do more than this.


DC: Which films scare you?

GC: I’ve only seen one horror movie in my whole life, it traumatized me and scarred me for life. That would have to be – THE EXORCIST.


DC: What’s your scariest nightmare?

GC: A lot. Just watching trailers of horror films, I dream about it, right away. Like The Exorcist for example, I kept dreaming about it for several days.

2 comments:

Julian said...

Hi Gian! Let's watch the Exorcist! :) I'll give you a copy for free!

Bangus said...

I was taken aback too... hehehe Awesome!!!

Post a Comment