Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bangungot is a dream come true- Direk Kiko

How come a Bangungot (nightmare) becomes an enjoyable experience?

… only possible if you have one hell of a team working with you.

I knew from the start it will not be easy, and yes, it really was exhausting! Shooting overnight after an office shift not to mention the tight budget and equipment scarce… but the passion and resourcefulness of the team simply overcome those challenges - and that’s the fun part!

The story wouldn’t be without the brilliance of its writer, RodeI and I’m glad to have this collaboration with him. Though it was her first time acting, the character wouldn’t have came into reality without the remarkable effort of Gian. Michael, whom we literally abducted for the shoot, did well on his acting part as well as shooting the stills. And of course, a lot of thanks to Doodze for assisting on the set whom accidentally, or I would preferably say by destiny, became part of the team.

Ironic to its title, doing my first directorial project is a dream come true and personally it has been a learning experience. Discovering new techniques and learning from mistakes make the birth pains of a filmmaker quite exhilarating.

Oh, I can still feel the heat of the lights and hear the sound of crickets chirping as we to shoot every scene. I can even still smell the scent of the blood as it drifts from the knife. And with this enthusiasm, I would like to thank everyone for contributing their heart and souls into this project. I simply can’t wait to start our next one!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

ironically, I'm plain. I'm stark. I'm simple. I'm artless. But I am a performer of grotesque.I am Bum.

Post a Comment